A Little Lip Plumping Trick

Monday, December 26, 2011

Hi guys! How was your Boxing Day? I went out shopping with the boyfriend and sisters and ended up getting some lovely Burberry eyeshadows! The texture of the eyeshadow and the colours are to die for!

Anyway, I just wanted to quickly post a little trick I learnt from wearing nude lips so much recently (I blame the Face of Australia Lip Quench Lipstick in Lychee Crush for my nude lip addiction!). It helps create the illusion of thicker, more luscious lips. Personally, this trick works amazingly well (okay, as well as it can work) on me, and I hope that it will help you out a little too!

So here's how you do it:

First, line your lips with a nude-ish shade of lipliner. Make sure that it is slightly darker than the shade of nude lipstick that you will be wearing.

Then, apply your favourite shade of nude lipstick. In this picture, I am wearing L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Fairest Nude.

Here's the trick: After you apply the lipstick, using your finger, rub it in at the edges of your lips, softening the lipliner and erasing any obvious lip lines.


Then, apply a lighter shade of lipstick, focusing it on the centre of your lips. Purse your lips to blend the darker and lighter colours together. Here I am using MAC Lipstick in Snob.


Finally, apply a shimmery lipgloss, focusing again on the centre of your lips. Here I am using a Chanel glossimer lipgloss.

That's it!

 Here's the finished look:


This was a really short post, but I hope it helped anyone looking to add a little volume to their lips! x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe