Makeup Tutorial: Christmas Party Makeup Look

Thursday, December 22, 2011

I am so excited about sharing this, because I haven't posted a tutorial since my camera was taken back to Malaysia a couple of months ago. I was itching like crazy to play with makeup this morning though, so I decided to use the lousy camera and post this! The colours aren't coming out clearly, but I hope it helps anyway!


I started with a makeup primer, because it gets hot during Christmas here, so having something for the makeup to stick to in the heat is gooood. I then applied Chanel Vitalumiere foundation. I used Shu Uemura H9 Eyebrow Pencil in Seal Brown to draw in my brows.

Start with Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer. Apply using the doe-foot applicator and blend using your fourth finger.


Then, apply a light green eyeshadow onto your lid. I used the top right colour from the Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Silvered Topaz.


Using a fluffy brush, blend the edges of the eyeshadow out. I used the equivalent of a MAC 219.


To add to the green, use a darker green, like the Red Earth Illusion Lights Beauty Pro Eyeshadow in After Eight on the lashline. Apply using an angled eyeshadow brush, in upwards and outwards strokes.


Then, use a matte brown colour in your crease. I used the matte brown on the bottom right corner of the Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Silvered Topaz.


Apply glitter over everything. I used the glitter-finish eyeshadow on the top left corner of the Tom Ford Eye Color Quad.


Apply black eyeliner to both your upper and lower lashlines. I used my favourite Ellis Faas Creamy Eyes in E103.


Then, using a small pencil brush, apply light green eyeshadow to your lower lashline, smudging the eyeliner and bringing it lower underneath the eye.


Then, use concealer and the brush of your choice to clean up under the eye and conceal any other flaws. I use Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer in #51. Set the concealer and foundation with powder. I used Tom Ford Illuminating Powder for this.


Apply bronzer to contour your cheekbones and then apply blush to the apples of your cheeks. I used Sleek Contour Kit in Medium, and Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface.


I am a total sucker for black eyeliner, so I intensified the line around my eyes with black liquid eyeliner. My liquid eyeliner of choice is the Face of Australia Liquid Eyeliner.


Apply mascara, followed by false eyelashes.


Then, apply a pinkish nude lipstick. I found an amazing colour combination that I LOVE, by mixing L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Fairest Nude with MAC Lipstick in Snob. I then applied a little lipgloss with gold shimmer in it to the middle of my lower lip.

Finally, I applied some highlighter to the tops of my cheekbones. I used Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate in Intensity One.



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Merry Christmas and happy holidays, everyone!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe