Makeup Tutorial: Party Look

Monday, January 02, 2012

I know I promised a New Year's Eve tutorial, and I know I didn't deliver - I am so sorry!!

I hope this tutorial still comes in handy one day for someone. You guys are the reason I do my tutorials, and I really hope that these tutes are of use to someone, at least.

Anyway, on to the post! Here's the look:


And here's the how-to:

Start with a black eyeshadow base. I am using Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Strut.


Blend the eyeshadow out with a fluffy blending brush.


Then, place a matte black eyeshadow on top of that base. I am using an eyeshadow from my Sleek i-Divine Palette in Circus.


Using the same blending brush, blend the edges of the eyeshadow so that it looks seamless.


Use a coloured eyeshadow (you can use any colour you like - just make sure it's shimmery and able to stand out against the black) and apply it to your upper lid, sticking close to the lashline. I am using an Elianto Luminous Shadow, but I'm not sure what the colour is called.

Line both the upper and lower lashlines with a black cream eyeliner. I used Ellis Faas Creamy Eyes in E103. If you like a more intense look, you can layer a liquid eyeliner over the black eyeliner, close to the lashline.


Then, using a pencil brush, apply the same coloured eyeshadow to your lower lashline, smudging the black eyeliner.


If you have a good crease, you can skip this step. My crease is nonexistent, so I brushed a contour colour into my crease with a fluffy blending brush.


Curl your eyelashes and apply mascara. This will make a good base upon which to place your false eyelashes. I am using the Luview Gleam Full Long Lash Mascara.


It doesn't show very well in the picture, but here, I applied glitter onto the finished eye makeup. Every party look could use a little glitter, right?! :) I used Make Up For Ever Diamond Powder in Smoky 15.


Then, I applied a gold cream eyeshadow to the inner corners of my eyes. This really added glitz to my entire look! I used a Sleek Molten Metallics cream eyeshadow duo.


Sweep a little matte bronzer underneath your cheekbones, then apply concealer. I used the Sleek Contour Kit in Medium as a bronzer, and the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer in #51.


I then swept a little bit of Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate contour cream underneath the cheekbones again, to add to the contour. You can skip this step if you wish. I then applied Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface directly on top of the cheekbones, making sure to concentrate the colour closer to the bronzer.


Apply a nude lipstick and top it off with a lipgloss. I used Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in 109 Rosy Dream, topped off with Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimers in 148.

And that's the finished look!



You Might Also Like

6 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe