My Valentine's Day Manicure

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hi everyone! I just have a really quick post today - I wanted to share with you guys my Valentine's Day manicure. You may have already seen it in a picture that I posted of my Valentine's Day gift, but I thought I'd post a few pictures here to show you up close :)

It's not specifically Valentine's themed or anything, it's just that I've been growing my nails out, and this is one of my favourite manicures. I'm a sucker for anything sparkly!


I am using OPI Sparkle-icious, a glitter infused polish, on the tips of the nails like a french manicure. My favourite base to use with this manicure is the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Cafe au Lait - featured in this post.

This is actually a really simple manicure to do, because the chunks of glitter hide any imperfections that would normally be extremely noticeable with a solid-coloured nail polish. So you don't have to use any stickers or gadgets when you apply the glitter. Also, the glitter polish dries super quickly, so you won't have to waste much time waiting around.

A downside to this manicure is that you need to apply multiple layers of the glitter nail polish to get the end result, because the glitter quite dispersed. A top layer is essential with this, because the glitter is difficult to keep on without catching onto little fibers on clothing. I recommend filing your nails down a little after the final application, before the top coat, so that the tips are smooth and won't catch.


So there's my manicure! I hope you like it, and thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy your Valentine's Day!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe