My Favourite Mascara Combination: Give your lashes volume and length

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Hi guys! I hope your weekend is going well! I promised a mascara post yesterday and it is finally here :)

If you follow me on Twitter or on my Facebook page (links are on the sidebar) you'll probably have noticed a few tweets and pictures of my eyelashes 'wearing' what I call my killer mascara combo. I found that combining two mascaras new to my collection gave me incredible volume as well as length, both of which are usually nonexistent in my lashes.

The picture collage below shows my lashes with my 'killer mascara combo', and the other picture shows you what my lashes look like with regular mascara. In both pictures I used a heated eyelash curler.

The mascaras in the 'killer combo'? The latest offering from Face of Australia - the Impact Curl Extreme Volume and Curl mascara, and Luview's Gleam Full Long Lash Mascara.

If you read my previous review of the Luview mascara, you know that I don't recommend using this mascara at the base of your eyelashes. The fibres is this mascara tend to slip off the lashes and slide onto the flesh underneath the lash line, irritating your eyes. You have to be careful to apply it only from mid-length towards the ends. If you do, this mascara gives you long, black eyelashes. LOVE!

The Face of Australia mascara is the latest thing to hit shelves, and my mascara collection, and I must say that this is a total gem of a product! It coats even the smallest of lashes, and gives you unbelievable volume. The brush is brilliant, and is the only brush so far that can both catch my lower lashes without causing a big mess, AND actually deliver loads if product so my bottom lashes are actually visible! I use this as my base product, and then apply the Luview product over it.

Both mascaras are very affordable, and well worth the money if you ask me. If you ever try out this combination, please let me know if it works for you!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe