Everyday Makeup Routine (Summer 2012)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

As everyone probably already knows, most makeup routines change as the weather changes. This is because the skin's needs change according to the change in climate, and certain makeup products that once worked, may no longer be as effective, and the same applies in the reverse.

And then there is also the inevitable (for a makeup junkie, anyway) discovery of new, more effective products, or old products that were forgotten for no good reason!

So here is my brand new everyday makeup routine for Summer 2012, and I am in LOVE with it! It makes me look so bright-eyed, and much younger (I think!).


So here are the products I am using (and loving) at the moment!


BurnOut Clean and Clear Sunscreen
Sunscreen is essential, and I have been loving this particular sunscreen that came on the very trusted recommendation of JFunnyValentine, who I always look to for sunscreen recs. This does leave a slight film on the skin, but I kind of prefer it that way, because it provides a lovely canvas for my foundation to sit on top of, and helps make my makeup last longer. On more humid days, I top everything off with a little powder, but most days I'm happy with my makeup just the way it is.


Chanel LIFT Lumiere
This is my current foundation of choice. The LIFT LUMIÈRE is a gorgeous, dewy finish foundation with pretty decent coverage, and I am loving the way my skin looks with it on. There is something about this foundation that makes your skin look younger and healthier, and so much more awake! Read my full review here.


Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
I recently reviewed this concealer - it is affordable, effective, and does an amazing job at brightening the eyes! Read my full review here.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express Kit in Brunette
This is another product that I have reviewed in more detail, and I had actually strayed from it in favour of a more long-lasting brow product (the MUFE Aqua Brow). However, I tried it just yesterday afternoon, and I fell instantly in love again! In my picture above, I am wearing the Anastasia brow kit, and you can see how it applies so beautifully, and how well it defines the brows.


Skin Food Lecithin Base Mascara (1) and Clinique High Impact Mascara (2)
This is my mascara combination at the moment, and I love it almost as much as I love the Benefit They're Real mascara (which I haven't replaced yet).

Physicians Formula Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio (3) or Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner (4)
Drugstore brands are upping their games and releasing products that are comparable, if not flat out better, than some products on the high-end of the makeup market. My absolute favourite drugstore products to buy are eyeshadows and eyeliners, because some brands make some gorgeous products. My current favourites are the Physicians Formula and Rimmel eyeliners - both are insanely smudge-proof (the Physician's Formula one is more suitable for people with extremely oily lids, though), and perfect to use on an everyday basis! The Physicians Formula is slightly cheaper per pencil, but you have to buy 3 at one go, whereas you have the freedom to pick and choose from a large range of colours with the Rimmel eyeliners, which cost AUD 9.95 each (full review here).
The Rimmel eyeliner is slightly more intense than the Physicians Formula, so I have been gravitating towards it at the moment (I am wearing it in my picture above), but if you have extremely oily lids and nothing stays put, then I would recommend the Physicians Formula eyeliner.

L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Sassy Marshmallow (5)
This is such a gorgeous colour and is so versatile because it is so appropriate whether you are wearing it in the summer or the winter. I love it because it actually goes really well with warmer colours - for example, I love pairing it with a peachy blush because it really brings out the warmth in the skin, and looks so amazing with a nude lip!


Tom Ford Cheek Color in Narcissist and Chanel Tweed Blush Duo in Tweed Rose
Blush is fast becoming one of my favourite and essential makeup items. They really brighten up your face, and can bring out such a gorgeous warmth in your skin. Though I don't own many, the ones I do own, I truly treasure. Two blushes that I have been reaching for constantly without fail are the Tom Ford and Chanel blushes above. The Chanel is extremely easy to blend and matches almost any kind of makeup look, whereas the Tom Ford is insanely pigmented (and a little harder to blend as a result!) and can brighten even the dullest of complexions.


Sleek Contour Kit in Medium
This isn't a step that I do everyday, but when I have the time or when I want to look particularly well put-together, I apply a little bit of contour to the sides of my face to add definition. The Sleek Contour Kit is my favourite quick solution, because it is very easy and quick to apply and blend.


Kryolan High Gloss in Toffee and Vani-T Mineral Lip Definer in Pout
A brand new lip liner that I am so excited about is the Vani-T Mineral Lip Definer in Pout! For the longest time, I have been looking for a lip liner that doesn't overly define the lips, because I want to look put-together but not too polished. The No7 Perfect Lip liner in Nude is beautiful, but defines the lips a little too well and isn't suitable for everyday.
Pout is a little lighter, and perfect for an everyday nude lip! It makes my nude lips last so much longer, and everything I apply over it looks simply fantastic!
My current favourite nude lip product is still the Kryolan High Gloss in Toffee, but I also rotate in the Tom Ford lipstick in Blush Nude, and the Burberry Lip Cover in Nude Beige.

So that is my current favourite makeup routine! Do you use any of these products? Or do you have a product that you highly recommend at the moment? Please share in the comments! Thank you for reading xx

You Might Also Like

14 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe