Foundation Review Series: Chanel CC Cream

Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Foundation Review Series continues with a very highly-anticipated review - the Chanel CC Cream.


CC cream (colour control cream) is supposedly a refined version of the famous BB cream, said to retain all the skincare benefits of the BB cream, but with added cosmetic coverage, so that the skin looks better and more evenly-toned. It is also said that CC cream is meant to be less irritating on acne-prone skin, a fault that BB cream is known to have.

Chanel's CC cream (known as the Complete Correction Cream) is exclusive to the Asian market, and as far as I know, is only being sold in China, Taiwan, and possibly Hong Kong. I was lucky enough to get my hands on this through my lovely friend Tina, who blogs over at Chasing Elixir. If you want to purchase Asian cosmetics (or Asia-exclusive releases from your favourite brands), head over to her blog to find out how to contact her.


Packaging
Not all that impressive, to be honest. From a brand like Chanel, I expect something encased in frosted glass, or at least a pump applicator. That having been said, I'll admit that the tube is nice and solid, and dispenses the product well.

Product
The finish of this CC cream is quite matte, with only a very tiny bit of glow. It also runs on the thicker side, and sets on the skin much quicker than a regular BB cream. Because of this, you will need work quickly, and blend a little bit more than you would with a lighter foundation.


The CC cream comes in one colour, and is closest to a 20 Clair on the Chanel foundation shade scale.

It also contains an SPF of 30, which I like because I can carry this in my bag to reapply when I need to.

Performance
I wasn't wowed by this, mostly because I love dewy-finish foundations, and this is more of a matte-finish one. However, it does provide excellent oil-control - you will not feel any slickness whatsoever on your skin, no matter how long you've been out, or how humid the day has been.

The coverage is a little more than medium, though it still doesn't completely cover blemishes. As I mentioned earlier, this is fantastic for evening out your skin tone, and for covering small, minor blemishes.

If you'd like to see the CC cream in action, watch my Christmas makeup tutorial here.

Overall, I think this is a pretty over-hyped product. People with very oily skin might find this a pleasure to use, but to me it was just good, not great. Because of the SPF in it, I do find it quite useful for running errands in the summertime, and I will definitely be using it, though I will not be repurchasing.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe