Product Review: Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal

Tuesday, January 08, 2013


Hello makeup lovers! I am back with a product review for you all today - this is an eyeliner range that I was sent pretty recently, and that I am loving!

The Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajals area a long-lasting, pigmented, creamy eyeliner.

Packaging
Not too pretty, but I'm not fussed. The pencil is sturdy, and easy to sharpen. No hassle.

Product
These pencils are so creamy, and so easy to use. They are very soft, and slide smoothly onto the skin. They are also extremely pigmented, as shown in the swatches below.
Also, the Black is one of the most pigmented black eyeliners I have seen in a while!


The bright blue eyeliner (014) is one of the most beautiful colours I have ever seen in a drugstore eyeliner! I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that wearing it on your lower waterline adds a fabulous pop of colour to your makeup look.

Performance
The ultimate test of any eyeliner is whether or not it stays put! I have pretty watery eyes, and very oily lids (when I don't use eyeshadow), so almost no eyeliner stays on my eyes unless it's a gel or liquid eyeliner.
Pencil liners smudge badly on me, and unfortunately this was no exception at first. However, once I set this with a powder, it lasts amazingly well. The only problem with that method is that it lessens the intensity of the eyeliner.

So how did this eyeliner still make HG status for me? The Nude colour. I have been searching high and low for an affordable eyeliner with a creamy consistency, and lasting power good enough for the lower waterline, and a natural enough colour so that my makeup doesn't look too mod or unnatural. I have finally found it in this eyeliner! It applies so amazingly easily onto my lower waterline, and lasts the entire day without smudging, fading, or collecting on the outer corner of my eyes the way other eyeliners do.

If you're looking for a fantastic range of colours, and great pigmentation, then you've come to the right place. They are extremely affordable too, retailing at AUD 9.95 per pencil.

These products were sent for the purposes of review and consideration in accordance with this site's Disclosure Policy.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe