3 Fabulous Anti-Acne Masks

Thursday, February 07, 2013


Those of you who read my blog know that I've been struggling with acne for a while now. As I mentioned before, I don't have a lot of acne on my skin, but the spots that I do have are large, sometimes cystic, and constantly there. My sisters have a similar skin type to mine, except a little more red and sensitive. My Simplicité skincare routine has helped me tremendously at clearing my skin up and getting rid of most of my acne and blackheads, and my sisters have also discovered some products in my beauty cupboard that they love to use when they feel breakouts coming on.


1. Simplicité Exfoliating Face Treatment
This is my absolute favourite mask for treating acne. I am ashamed to say that I love it so much, I've kept it away from my sisters *hides in corner*
This mask has been an absolute life saver, helping to not only bring breakouts to the surface of the skin, but also to speed up the entire process. This mask, as with all Simplicité products, is formulated with all-natural products, and works wonderfully on sensitive skin.
Simplicité's Antibacterial Serum works a treat underneath it, and I have found that by using this once or twice a week, my acne has been curbed, and pre-existing acne seems to calm down, and then disappear and heal much more quickly.

Another thing I simply adore about this mask is how you can leave it on for hours - the longer, the better, in fact! I like that I can pamper myself with a mask and just lay in a bath, or do my nails, or watch a movie, knowing it is working its magic on my skin the entire time.

2. Mary Kay Botanical Effects Mask Type 3
My sister Sharon has been using this mask, and she cannot stop raving about it! It is safe for sensitive skin, and its clay base really draws out the oiliness and impurities in your skin and pores.
It has a lovely, thick texture, and I am glad to report to those that have sensitive noses, that it has virtually no scent whatsoever!
I'm not sure what ingredient does this, but this mask also has a very lovely cool, refreshing feel, and the skin feels extremely moisturised and smooth after use. One fabulous thing about this mask is that the skin is instantly 'lifted' after use - fantastic for those tired mid-week mornings (side note: Did you know that women look their oldest just past 3PM on Wednesdays?). It is also perfect for a morning pick-me-up because you only need to leave it on for 10 minutes, and then you can rise it off easily with a little bit of warm water and a cloth.

3. Alpha-H Liquid Gold Smoothing & Perfecting Mask (old packaging)
This mask isn't specifically formulated for acne-prone skin, but it does a fantastic job at treating it! It draws out impurities extremely well, which is why I recommend following up with the Simplicité Antibacterial Serum to avoid any breakouts. This mask does contain an active ingredient - glycolic acid - so if you're not comfortable with using active ingredients, you might want to stay away from this mask.
That being said, the glycolic acid does help to aid skin renewal, and can help to treat and speed up the healing of acne scars, as well as keep pores clean and clear.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe