Nude Lip Series: Sisley Phyto Lip Gloss in #2 Beige Rose

Wednesday, April 17, 2013


My Nude Lip Series has been going on for a while now, and I am loving every minute of being able to swatch nude lipsticks and share my favourites with you. Most of my nude lip colours are pretty close to nude, and tend to wash you out if you're not careful.

I'm happy to report that this nude lipstick will do no such thing, as it is infused with the most beautiful rosy, almost peachy tone. The Sisley Phyto Lip Gloss in #2 Beige Rose has made its way into the very exclusive list of my favourite nude lip products, and here's why:

Packaging
I love products with good packaging. I admit, that this has nothing at all to do with how well the product will perform, but I like spending my money on something that has both function and aesthetics. The packaging on this product is solid, and feels good in my hands. The brush applicator is lovely and doesn't splay out after a couple of uses the way some other brushes do, and I love the glossy cap.

Product
The gloss is quite thick, but not so much that it feels uncomfortable on the lips. This balance is often difficult to get right - too watery and the lip gloss barely stays on for an hour; too thick and it feels goopy and uncomfortable on the lips. This lip gloss feels comfortable, and has a little bit of slip to it, so I don't feel annoyed when I try to rub my lips together.

The colour, as I mentioned earlier is a mix between a mauve-y rose and a peach, and looks absolutely lovely on. The swatch on my arm is a little bit more true to colour than the swatch on my lips, so the product comes out slightly dark and doesn't nude out the lips too much. For me, it's very much a my lips, but better, type of shade.



Performance
Without eating or drinking, this lip gloss lasts for a good 2-3 hours on my lips, average wear time for a lip gloss. I absolutely love the colour, and so do a lot of people, because I get a lot of compliments and questions about my lip colour every time I wear this.


If you'd like to see how this product looks in motion, watch my Sparkly, Cut Crease Makeup Tutorial below (skip to the end to see the product applied):


Overall, this is a fabulous product, even if it is a little pricey! A tube of this lip gloss costs AUD 60, and is now available and Sisley counters nationwide.

Disclaimer: This product was sent to this site for the purposes of review and consideration, in accordance with our Disclosure Policy.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe