Makeup Tutorial: Easy Everyday Day to Night Makeup Tutorial

Friday, June 07, 2013


I know it's been a while since I've posted a makeup tutorial and I apologise! It's been crazy trying to form a new routine on top of trying to adjust to my new environment and lifestyle, so I haven't had much time to film and edit. I filmed this video a couple of weeks back, but only just found the time to finish the editing.

This is a quick, simple day-to-night makeup that I've been doing a lot since I got back, and I hope you guys enjoy it!



Products mentioned:

Biore Perfect UV Face Milk SPF50+ - read a little more about it here.

NARS Sheer Glow in Ceylan - this is a velvety, slightly matte foundation that still gives your skin a great glow despite its texture. It has a medium to full coverage, so it's great for people with slightly problematic skin, and it sits beautifully on the skin without any cakiness or heaviness.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express Kit in Brunette - my favourite brow product. Full review here.

Sleek Oh So Special palette - a beautiful palette with plummy tones that is perfect for all skin tones.

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio (this is a mouthful!) - a fantastic trio of eyeliners with arguably the best formula on the drugstore market at the moment. It does not budge on even the most teary, oily lids, so if you're looking for a good quality eyeliner that stays put on your eyes, this is it.

Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On Mascara (another mouthful that almost doesn't make sense) - my favourite mascara to date. Gives you volumnised lashes with definition, and the comb wand makes it very easy to apply. This is also insanely waterproof.

Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Neutral Fair - this concealer doesn't look like it does the job when you first apply it - until you take a step back or catch a glimpse of your reflection in the car sideview mirror or a cafe window. Then, you realise your eyebags and dark circles are barely noticeable, if at all. Fantastic product.

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-2 - this is my HG concealer. It ticks all the right boxes for me - pigmented, easily 'mouldable' and blendable but doesn't move after it's applied, dual colours so you can mix the perfect colour for your skin...the list just goes on. I want to buy it over and over again even though I already have one in my makeup bag.

Clarins Illuminating Cheek Colour in Lovely Rose - this blush is beautifully made, and contains sections of matte blush powder as well as sections of blush containing a lovely subtle shimmer. On the skin it just lights up the face (hence the very fitting name) - it gives you a subtle glow that doesn't look like makeup. I received this blush from ry.com.au. They stock loads of Clarins products as well as other well-known makeup and skincare brands, and haircare and tools as well. They also do some pretty great discounts from time to time, so make sure you check in regularly to score a good deal.

Diorskin Nude Compact Powder Foundation - read my full review of this powder and its accompanying liquid foundation here.

Sisley Phyto Lip Gloss in #2 - a beautiful colour that photographs even more so. One of my absolute favourite daytime lip glosses because I am such a huge fan of nude lips, but full-on nude can be a little much when you have minimal makeup on in the daytime, so this lip gloss brings just that little bit of colour back into your face. #2 is such a flattering colour, I think everyone should own a colour like this!

I hope you enjoyed the video!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe