Purple Smoky Makeup Tutorial for Hooded Lids and Monolids with Dior Mystic Metallics Fall 2013 Collection

Friday, September 20, 2013


I am a huge fan of Dior cosmetics. Ever since I saw on Lisa Eldridge's videos that she performed tests on different eyeshadows, and that the eyeshadows that broke down the least were made by Dior. Their eyeshadows are lovely and easy to blend, and I have spent my 'makeup career' amassing all kinds of Dior eyeshadow palettes. And let's not even begin to talk about their amazing lipsticks.

So when I was given the opportunity to create a makeup look using the products from the Mystic Metallics Fall 2013 collection, I jumped at the chance. I honestly just sat in front of the camera, took a look at the products, and slapped them onto my face - no planning needed with a line this amazing.



I hope you guys enjoy the video, and take a look underneath the video if you'd like to see a small review of the products mentioned!


Products mentioned:

Diorsnow UV Shield BB Cream - full review here.

Dior Fusion Mono Eyeshadow in Cosmos and Lune - these cream eyeshadows are similar to the Chanel Illusion d'Ombre eyeshadows, but are much thinner and lighter, making them easier to blend and less likely to crease on the eyes. Also, the shimmer in these eyeshadows is much finer than the shimmer in the Chanel ones. In my opinion, they make for a much more polished makeup look - perfect for dinner parties or dates :)

Dior 5 Couleurs in Constellation - A gorgeous palette with neutral mauve-y browns and two beautiful glitter eyeshadows in purple and a cool-toned gold. All colours were as smooth as you would expect any Dior eyeshadow to be, and extremely easy to blend. These colours are not as dark and as pigmented as some other Dior palettes, so if you want a darker smoky eye you'll have to layer them over a dark Fusion Mono eyeshadow, the way I did in this video.

Clinique Brush-on Cream Liner in True Black - one of my favourite gel eyeliners because it is creamy and never dries up. It has great staying power as well, and never smudges under the eyes for me.

Dior Blush in Rose Diorette - I absolutely love the brush that comes along with this blush - it is so soft and spreads the colour perfectly onto the cheeks. A big issue with me is that I can never find a blush brush soft enough to apply blush with. Most of the blush brushes are too hard and sweep away my carefully applied cheek concealer. With this brush, I experienced none of these issues, and the blush itself perfectly complemented the smoky eye look. The colour Rose Diorette is a deep rosy colour with a tiny hint of peachiness to it so that it leans a little bit warm.

Dior Addict Extreme in Fortune - slightly darker than the natural lip colour in a natural rose, this lipstick is beautiful if you're looking to create a natural makeup look. I personally like more nude lip colours, so I mixed the Diorsnow BB cream in with this lipstick so I could lighten the colour. If you have darker toned skin, however, this would be absolutely perfect - no adjustments needed.

Dior Addict Gloss in Magic - this is a lovely, lovely lipgloss. All it does is enhance your lipstick colour and give it a gorgeous shine. If you have a very warm skin tone, this could fix some issues you have with cooler lipstick colours - the gold flecks in the lipgloss may be able to warm the lipstick tone a little bit so it won't look too harsh against your skin.

The Dior Mystic Metallics Fall 2013 Collection is out on counters now. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe