4 Youth Boosters for Your Skin

Wednesday, October 09, 2013


Your skin is a very delicate thing, and it needs constant care in order for it to maintain its youth and elasticity. I've put together a little hit-list of products that I personally think are pretty amazing when you want that youthful glow to your skin, both natural and cosmetic :)


Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Moisturiser
I participated in a 4-week challenge with the Olay Micro-Sculpting Cream - Olay says women who participate in this trial will see '4 years of wrinkles and lines reduced in 4 weeks'. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure how many wrinkles I've developed in the past 4 years, so I'm not the best judge of the performance of this product as far as anti-aging goes. I can say though, that this has made my skin feel firmer, particularly in the neck area. Did you know that the hands and the neck are the first places on your body to show signs of ageing? Needless to say, I've been slathering this on my neck area every night and I love how it sinks quickly into the skin. It has a slightly perfumed smell, not something I'm particularly fond of but not something that bothers me, either. If you're sensitive to smells, you might want to go try this out before you buy. Otherwise, it's a fantastic little pot that comes at a total bargain for the results it gives.


Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturising Treatment Foundation
This is a fabulous foundation with an amazing amount of glow! I am an NW25 in MAC foundations, and received the colour 'Sand'. It was a teensy bit dark for my skin tone but I found that it worked pretty okay for me anyway. It didn't oxidise on my skin at all, but please note that this foundation works best on dry skins. It was formulated with Light Reflecting Technology and works to maintain the skin's moisture barrier for a more smooth, firm, and lifted feel to the skin. I am completely in love with this despite the fact that I have combination skin - I think all it needs is a primer and some powder, and it performs just as well as my other foundations. And I say this wearing it in humid Malaysian weather! See this in action in my latest RiRi Hearts MAC Fall tutorial.



Tom Ford Skin Illuminator in Fire Lust
Ah, Tom Ford. Easily one of my absolute favourite makeup brands. It is luxurious, and the best thing about it is, it works. This Skin Illuminator has made it to the top of my list of favourite highlighters, and I am dying to get my hands on a cooler, lighter colour. The shimmer in this liquid highlighter is understated, yet gives the skin the most gorgeous healthy, lit-from-within type glow. Light diffusing and reflecting pigments are great for more mature skins, because they reduce the appearance of wrinkles and get rid of any dullness, which can be a real issue with mature skins. This particular highlighter is so ideal because, as I mentioned above, its shimmer is so fine and muted, so it won't look like you painted glitter onto your face. It is phenomenal, and you just can't pile 'too much' on. It always looks amazing, and is lightweight enough so that you don't feel it on your skin. See it in action in my latest RiRi Hearts MAC Fall tutorial.


Mistral Lavender Hand Cream
I mentioned above that your hands are one of the first places on your body to show signs of aging. To slow the process, you need two things: SPF, and moisture. SPF prevents too much damage being done to the skin, and moisture helps to preserve skin cells. This Mistral Lavender Hand Cream, available at The Love Jars, is beautifully, naturally scented with the best lavender scent I've come across in a while. Their lavender scent is beautifully authentic, and soothes me when I apply this. I only use this at night because it can get a teeny bit greasy on the hands, but the result when I wake up the next morning is soft, plump skin.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe