Product Review: Lacura Multi-Intensive Serum

Thursday, November 14, 2013

If you keep up with the wonderful world of beauty, you'll probably have heard of the wonder product that is Aldi's Lacura Multi-Intensive Serum - a serum aimed at hydrating the skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles.

I was fortunate enough to be sent a bottle to trial, and I have been having an absolute ball using this. One thing you should know about me is that whilst I am not hesitant about splashing the cash if the product is proven to work, I am like a kid in Santa's workshop (yes, I also just discovered that Santa exists - imagine that kind of elation!) When I find an affordable product that works better than expensive ones. And this isn't just affordable, it's straight out CHEAP (and I mean that in the best sense).

A little bit more about the serum:

Packaging
The packaging on this is surprising for such an inexpensive product. It comes in a pump-action frosted glass bottle, and both feel sturdy to the touch.
The pump dispenses just the right amount for both the face and neck, and you should always, always apply skincare to the neck anyway, so the amount dispensed is just right.


Product
The serum itself is a lightweight, white gel. It spreads onto the skin easily and feels very light and refreshing. Because of its lightweight texture, this serum is suitable for all skin types, whether dry, oily or combination. It has a sweet scent that goes away after a while, though it can be a little strong at first. It only takes the serum a few seconds and a little bit of patting to fully absorb, leaving the skin velvety smooth. It doesn't feel particularly moisturising or plumping when you apply it, but wait till the next morning...


Performance
Serums can be applied both day and night, though I find that applying serums at night is much more effective, but that's just my personal preference. The very first 'morning-after' of my trial, I awoke to refreshed, hydrated skin. I sleep in air-conditioning all night, so it's quite rare for me to wake up with hydrated-feeling skin. It mostly feels tight and dry, which is why I always start my skincare routine immediately upon waking (after I wash my face and take a shower, of course!).
I didn't notice much else after that, until about 4-5 days after (yesterday), when I began to notice how well my foundation was sitting on my skin. At first I thought it was the new foundation that I was trialling, but then I realised that I had on my usual foundation. My skin was much smoother and hydrated, so my makeup stayed on well and didn't melt off because my skin was producing less oil in the day too.



I am so pleased with the results of this trial and highly recommend this to anyone who wants an inexpensive but effective product. This serum retails for AUD 9.99 per 50mL bottle (you read right!) And is available in all Aldi stores.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe