I had silky smooth hair once.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Okay, another miracle product to share.



I'm sure everyone's heard of the TIGI range.

I'm (quite) sure no one has tried their Bed Head: Dumb Blonde range. The name just puts you off, really.

But my aunt owns a salon, and she tells me that whether or not you have damaged/coloured/treated hair, it's best to get shampoos that cater to this kind of hair, because it provides really good care for your hair.

So off I went in search of the perfect shampoo. People who know me should know the number of brands of shampoo I've tried - Giovanni, L'anza, Carlton, Redken, L'Oreal Professionel, Pantene (which is really bad for your hair, by the way), and goodness knows what else.

I tried TIGI a few years ago, which is when I always got comments about my hair. People would ask me what kind of shampoo I was using, and what kind of hair regimen I keep. Ah, the glory days.

Then I started my health trip and started searching for shampoos with the lowest cancer causing rate possible (try Giovanni, if you're into this sort of thing). And then I went off on my cheap shampoo trip - living in Melbourne with a staggering currency exchange rate of RM3.1 to 1AUD will do that to you.

But then again, TIGI is pretty awesome, and only gets a rate of 2.5 or so out of 10 on the cancer causing products website. I wish I could back up these ratings, but I can't for the life of me find the website that I used to go to for this information. So I may just switch back.

That having been said - make sure to use a clarifying shampoo every once in a while to get rid of gunk that inevitably forms from frequent use of the same shampoo/hair products. A good drugstore product is Neutrogena's Anti-Residue Shampoo.



A more high-end version is Frederik Fekkai's Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo.



Remember not to use a clarifying shampoo too often - people who hardly put anything in their hair can use it just once a month, while people who style and load up on hair products more often can use it as often as once a week.

Happy soap-sudding it up! :)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe