Beauty Tip: How to Conceal Cheek Acne

Monday, January 09, 2012

Hi guys! In a rare occurrence, I am actually delivering to you a post, as promised! I have a little beauty tip that I like to use - on or around May last year (and ever since), my skin started showing signs of distress. I broke out, and my skin tone wasn't as even as it used to be. My skin also started getting bumpy, and much duller.

One particular area I had problems with was my cheeks - there always seemed to be a clump of acne around that area, and no matter how hard I tried, I could never seem to conceal them enough so that they were less noticeable. What would happen was that I would apply concealer, powder, and then apply blush, but the application of the powder blush would always sweep a little bit of the concealer away, showing obvious hints of acne.

After trial and error, I finally figured out a method that I was very comfortable with, and I decided to share it here with you guys so that people who are looking for a solution for a problem like this might find inspiration in this post!

Here is a picture of my skin, currently. Hormones, on top of everything else, have made it even more of a problem area than usual. *wails*


So start off with your foundation, of course.

I am using Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in Shade #4.


Then, I apply cream blush. This is the trick to concealing your acne - cream blushes take a little while to set, and can be easily blended with your concealer to create a very natural-looking, yet full-coverage product that conceals beautifully. I am using Illamasqua Cream Blush in Seduce.


Then, apply your concealer on top of the blush. Do this using a fluffy blending brush, another essential tool to successfully concealing the acne. Don't blend it out just yet, and keep the concealer nice and thick (but not too thick, or it won't set!). I am using Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer in #51.


Using the same blending brush you used for concealer, dip into your cream blush.


Lightly dab the cream blush onto the concealer. Don't worry if it's a little dark at first - it will blend with the thicker layer of concealer and match the rest of the blush.


With the same fluffy blending brush, blend the concealer and the blush together. It will look a little funny at the edges once your blending is done, so be sure to blend the edges outwards so that they transition seamlessly into the cream blush.


Once you're happy with the intensity of the blush and the concealer, lightly powder the area to set your 'work'. I am using Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder.

And that's the way I conceal my acne! I hope you found this tutorial helpful - I always do this to give me a little boost of confidence when I really need it! When my acne gets bad, my self esteem takes a really bad hit, and this helps me get through the day without feeling too self-conscious.


Do you guys have problem areas too? What have you found that works for you?

You Might Also Like

16 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe