Product Review: Yuko Lock in Color Treatment Shampoo and Conditioner

Friday, May 25, 2012


Yuko Hair Straightening, also known as Japanese hair straightening, is the world renowned U.S. patented method recognized as the leading brand of chemical hair straightening that gives you low maintenance, shiny, hassle-free straight hair. No matter how curly or unruly your hair is, Yuko will create the results you’ve always wanted.

I have here the Yuko Lock in Color Shampoo, an here is what Yuko says about it:
Herbal Edelweiss and tocha tea extracts prolong the richness of color and protect hair from UV ray exposure.
Packaging
I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, but I also don't really care about packaging. I only want to know if the product works - packaging is a bonus. What I can say about this is that it is nice and sturdy, and won't break if you drop it.

 Product
The shampoo has a good consistency, and has about a medium lather. The conditioner isn't one of those overly heavy ones that give you a hard time when you're trying to work it through your hair, which is something I'm very particular about.

Performance
If there ever was a shampoo that did exactly what it said it would - it would be THIS shampoo. I started using this shampoo not knowing exactly what it was meant to do, and began to notice that my hair was no longer frizzy after I washed it. A little while later I noticed that the kinks that normally form in my hair to make it wave in the most annoying manner had disappeared. Finally I noticed that my ends looked healthy and beautifully silky.
Now my hair is shiny and curls in at just the right places - it's pretty darn miraculous!

One thing I must mention about this shampoo is that it isn't suited for someone with an oily scalp. I wash my hair every other day, and when the time comes to shampoo my hair, it looks in dire need of a good shampooing. This shampoo flattens my hair (it is a straightening shampoo, after all) and makes it look like it needs shampooing a lot quicker, so I am going to be trying out a different Yuko shampoo after this. Yes, I will be repurchasing this brand, which is a lot to say for a beauty blogger who is prone to buying new products before her current products even start to look like they might run out!

That being said, I am still extremely satisfied with the results and would happily recommend this gorgeous shampoo to anyone who wants to get smooth, silky, straight hair.

This shampoo was given to me for consideration and can be purchased from the Tsumiki Design Hair Salon. They offer some pretty amazing services including hair lightening for dark hair that can be done without bleach and its harmful effects on the hair!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe