Low Chignon Tutorial with Herbal Essences

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

So Herbal Essences sent me a press release the other day with some fabulous hairstyles and step by step instructions on how to achieve them. I took a particular liking to the low chignon and I thought I would share it here! I am using Herbal Essences products to create my look :)


So let me just dive right into it!

First, divide your hair vertically and tie up the back half with a hair tie that is close to your hair colour.

Prep your hair with a hairspray. If you have layered hair like I do, you should apply a little more to help make styling easier.
I used the Tousle Me Softly Tousling Spray Gel, and the Tousle Me Softly Flexible Style Hairspray.

Next, backcomb the hair on your ponytail. This will create the volume for your chignon. Then, lightly comb the ponytail to tame any flyaways.


Roll your ponytail in on itself.

Now, pull at the roll of hair and spread it out to form more of a half-doughnut shape. You can control how much 'pouf' you want in your bun by controlling how much you pull at the roll of hair. Use bobby pins to secure the roll.

Now, grab the loose hair on one side and twist it.

Drape the twisted piece of hair over the top of the half-doughnut, and use a bobby pin to secure it in the centre.

Take the dangling end of the piece of twisted hair, and tuck it in underneath the secured section of twisted hair. Use bobby pins to secure any loose ends.

Repeat on the other side.

Finish up with a hairspray. I used the Set Me Up Hairspray.

And that's it! 


I have to say, for their price, the Herbal Essences products actually held up really well! I wasn't expecting them to be so effective, particularly the Tousle Me Softly Tousling Spray Gel. Kudos to the Herbal Essences team for producing such lovely products.

Look out for a sock bun tutorial that I have coming! x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe