Product Review: Aphelia NUWA Eye Cream and Serum

Monday, January 14, 2013

A while back, I was contacted by luxury Taiwanese skincare brand Apehlia Cosmetology, which is being distributed across Asia and the US, and had only just launched in Australia. I was invited to pick out products that I would like to review. One line in particular stood out for me, and that was the Nuwa eye care set.


The Nuwa eye care set is an anti-ageing eye care duo, made up of the Peony eye cream and the Fusion eye serum for dark circles.

Aphelia utilises the knowledge amassed by hundreds of years of traditional Chinese herbal medicine to formulate their products, and this eye cream duo is no exception. Here is what I thought of this duo:

Packaging


The packaging did not disappoint with this range! The Peony eye cream comes in a plastic airless-pump bottle, and the Fusion serum comes in a glass vial with a rollerball applicator. Both are easy to apply and look beautiful on the dresser.

Product
The serum is a lightweight, watery formula, which applies easily and takes about a minute or so to absorb into the skin.
Once the serum is absorbed, you can apply the eye cream, which is very rich and yet quite light and fluffy, but it does leave a greasy film behind once applied.

Performance
I have used this eye care duo for just over two months now, and I finally feel like I have gotten enough of a feel for it to be able to give you a full overview of its performance for me.

I have combination/oily skin, and never thought of my eyes as a problem area before. Lately, I have developed a few tiny wrinkles directly underneath my eyes, in the inner corners. This eye cream did not work on those wrinkles, sadly, but I also do not see any new ones forming, which I take as a sign that this cream does indeed work.
One other thing I want to mention about this eye cream is that it is incredibly rich, and therefore may not be suited to anyone who has oily skin, or is vulnerable to milia forming around the eye area. My own eye area has formed a couple of tiny bumps since using this eye cream, so I will be switching this cream out for something less heavy. If you have dry skin, definitely give this a go because it is very hydrating and, in my opinion, works a treat to prevent wrinkles from forming.

The eye serum is a total rockstar! Before I started using this, I had to cover my undereye area with concealer before I even contemplated setting foot out of the house, because my undereye area was quite dark, and just drew my features in and made me look so tired and sallow. Recently, however, I have begun to notice that I no longer need an undereye concealer to brighten my eyes, and the area underneath them is looking so much better! If you're looking to get something to combat dark undereye circles then this might be just the thing for you!

Price
This duo costs $99.95 and can be purchased on the Aphelia Cosmetology website.

These products were sent for the purposes of review and consideration in accordance with this site's Disclosure Policy.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe