Product Review: Maybelline New York Color Sensational Vivids Lip Colors

Tuesday, January 29, 2013


Happy Tuesday, everyone! I hope you all had an amazing (and if you live in Australia, long) weekend! I am back with a review of one of Maybelline New York's latest releases - their Color Sensational Vivids Lip Colors.

Maybelline New York has combined bold, intense pigments with smooth, creamy textures (with the conditioning properties of honey nectar - this sounds yum!), to create the perfect vivid lip colour.

I was lucky enough to receive their latest colours to trial, listed below:

900 Pink Pop
902 Fuchsia Flash
904 Vivid Rose
906 Hot Plum
910 Shocking Coral
912 Electric Orange
914 Vibrant Mandarin
916 Neon Red

I had initially taken pictures of each lipstick bullet, but then realised they were all so similar that I decided to forego the pictures of the bullets and just show you swatches of the lipsticks instead. Here are the lipsticks swatched together on my arm:


True to Maybelline's claims, these lipsticks are creamy and moisturising, and so incredibly intense, even with just one application. They last a decent amount of time on the skin (I would say about 3-4 hours per application), but you will need to bring your lipstick along with you for touch ups!

Because of the intense pigment in these lipsticks, most of them do leave a stain on the lips, but I am glad to report that the colour does fade evenly, and does not leave flaky patches on the lips.

My absolute favourites are the 902 Fuchsia Flash, 906 Hot Plum, and 916 Neon Red. They are colours that I think really suit my skin tone, and really pop against my skin.

Now for full-face swatches! There are quite a few pictures to scroll through, I hope you don't mind!

900 Pink Pop
902 Fuchsia Flash
904 Vivid Rose
906 Hot Plum
910 Shocking Coral
912 Electric Orange
914 Vibrant Mandarin
916 Neon Red
And below is a collage of the pictures, put together in a smaller frame so you can compare all the lipsticks 'side-by-side', to get a good idea of the colours that you prefer.

I also find that putting together a picture collage like this really helps you determine the lipstick colours that best suit your face - something to think about the next time you're shopping for the perfect lipstick! Looking at pictures all together like this gives you a real idea of what lipsticks brighten your face, and what washes it out.


The Maybelline New York Colour Sensational Vivids Lip Colors are in stores now and retail for AUD 16.95 per lipstick.

I hope you enjoyed this post!

These products were sent for the purposes of review and consideration in accordance with this site's Disclosure Policy.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe