Foundation Review Series: Dior Capture Totale

Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year, everyone! I hope you had a fabulous weekend, and I hope Monday is treating you well.

I am back with a brand new review for my Foundation Review Series, this is a review of the Dior Capture Totale Foundation.


The Dior Capture Totale foundation combines skincare and makeup to create a radiance-restoring serum/foundation, aimed at mature, aging skin. I was lucky enough to be able to trial my Mom's bottle, and here are my thoughts.

Packaging
This comes in a lovely frosted glass bottle with a dirty silver cap (not my favourite), and pump-action dispenser. The pump dispenser on Dior foundations are lovely and sturdy, and I absolutely love them.

Product
The Dior Capture Totale foundation has quite a thick formula, with a medium to full coverage. It imparts a glow on the skin meant to diffuse the light and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and imperfections, and utilises research on stem cells to smooth and firm the skin.

Performance
The finish of this foundation is absolutely beautiful. It has quite a full coverage, so if you prefer more natural-looking foundations then this isn't for you.

Applied with a full-coverage foundation brush

Applied with fingers

There is an obvious, gorgeous glow to this foundation, and yet it still manages to retain a sort of velvety semi-matte finish. This is one of the most beautiful finishes I have personally seen in a foundation, and I can see this quickly climbing to the top of my list of favourite foundations. I have tested this in both artificial and natural light, and my skin looks so beautiful in both. I think if this isn't applied carefully, it can look a little cakey on the skin, but if you get the application right, it is lovely.

One thing I don't like about this foundation is that it maintains a kind of moisturised, sticky finish, which I think Dior have formulated because this foundation is aimed at more mature skins, which tend to lean on the dry, dehydrated side. This would be perfect if you have drier skin in the winter. If you're not bothered by a tiny bit of stickiness to the face, however, this could definitely still be worn in the summer, though I wouldn't recommend it for the more hot and humid days.

Its lasting power is just as fantastic as its finish - an entire day walking around the city and the coverage and oil-control was almost as perfect as when I first applied it.

Overall, I think this is a fantastic foundation, especially for dry skins, or in the winter. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like full-coverage foundations, and live in a warm, humid climate. Otherwise, it is absolutely fantastic, and could totally be my HG foundation in the wintertime. Highly recommended!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe