Foundation Review Series: Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation

Monday, March 25, 2013


There has been an insurgence of a brand new formulation of foundations - light, watery in texture, and generously glowy on the skin. Today, I bring you a review of one such foundation, and one that has been fast gaining a strong market presence worldwide - the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup.

Packaging
Sturdy, semi-opaque plastic, with a hygienic pump-applicator. The bottle actually looks a little bit like frosted glass, which is cute. One bottle carries 30mL of product.


Product
As mentioned earlier, this foundation is quite watery and light, and feels almost weightless on the skin. It is oil-free, so very well-suited to my fellow oily-skinned beauties. If you have dry skin, I recommend moisturising well before applying this foundation.
I am using the shade Ivory (I'm Pure 4 Sure), and this is a tiny bit light for my NW20 skin in the summer, but because it is so sheer, I can get away with it easily.


Performance
If you're looking for a foundation that gives you a lovely glow, and brightens and evens out your skin tone, then this is perfect.

Applied with fingers

Applied with a foundation brush

As you can see in the photos above, there is a definite brightness and a glow about the skin, but without making it look greasy or oily. Oil control is decent, though if you are particularly oily, I would suggest powdering your T-zone.

The coverage on this foundation is buildable - I have some acne spots around my cheeks and added an extra layer of foundation easily. It blends so beautifully and easily into the skin, especially when applied with fingers (my favourite way of applying this foundation)

I did find that when my skin was a little dry, and in areas that were a little bumpy on my skin, that this foundation tended to highlight these flaws. Therefore, I would suggest applying a primer before using this foundation if you have bumpy skin, and to moisturise if you have dry skin.

Overall, I think this is a great everyday foundation. It provides good coverage, and yet is so light that you feel almost nothing on the skin, and is so comfortable to wear. It is also a great pick-me-up in the mornings because it brings a beautiful radiance to your skin. If you're a fan of this type of foundation (think Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua or Estee Lauder Double Wear Light), then definitely drop by your nearest Benefit counter to check these out.

This product was sent for the purposes of review and consideration in accordance with this site's Disclosure Policy.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe