Makeup Tutorial: Everyday Neutral Toned Makeup for Glasses

Monday, July 22, 2013



First off, let me apologise for the quality of the pictures - I don't have my camera pictures with me but needed to get this blogpost out as soon as possible, because I know I've been neglecting my poor YouTube channel!

I filmed this video a while back (if you follow me on Instagram you would have seen the above pictures posted a few weeks ago) but have only just gotten around to editing the whole thing and publishing it.

This makeup tutorial is for people who find that wearing eye glasses dwarfs their eyes or makes their face look to scrunched up. The key is to elongate your makeup to make your features more proportionate and more defined so that the glasses don't swallow your features. I hope you enjoy the video!


And as always, here are mini-reviews of the products used:

Bioré Aqua Rich Watery Essence
One of the many new Bioré sunscreens I am trialling at the moment, this sunscreen is slightly more creamy than the Perfect Face Milk sunscreen, and creates a slightly sticky base for your makeup to adhere to. It is still an extremely light sunscreen, and if you apply it on its own, it dries down to a matte finish, same as all the other Bioré sunscreens I've tried. Whilst the Perfect Face Milk has a bit of a powdery feel to it, the Aqua Rich Watery Essence has a more cooling, gel texture that dries down to a smooth, matte finish.

Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation
This is a strange foundation, one of Giorgio Armani's latest. It is formulated with a new technology utilising oils instead of the usual liquid and cream bases. It is extremely light and quite sheer, and gives the skin a lovely glowing finish. If you have problematic skin, this is probably not the foundation for you, because it is quite sheer. Though this is said to be moisturising because of the oils it is formulated with, I find that this isn't suitable for a dry climate or dry skin. It works much better, and gives a much more beautiful finish, on medium to oily skins, and in humid climate.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express Kit in Brunette (full review here)

Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Kaska Beige

Dollywink Liquid Eyeliner in Black
This liquid eyeliner is easy to use, and has pure, dark, black pigment. What's not to love?

Daniel Sandler Long Lasting Waterproof Eyeliner in Velvet Brown
This eyeliner lives up to its name - it is long lasting and barely budges, even when wet. I love it so much that I brought it along with me to Boracay - it was my trusted waterproof eyeliner of choice to prevent smudgy panda eyes, which, by the way, I experienced none of in Boracay. WIN.

Daiso 8mm Individual Cluster Eyelashes
These are cheap and soft, and curly. For me, that's all I need in my false eyelashes - the cheaper the better! I generally only reuse these about once, and I don't have to worry about keeping them and caring for them. Great when you've had a long night and just want to wash your makeup away without having to worry about cleaning and storing your falsies.

Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On Mascara
My favourite mascara because of its double-sided comb wand to get both definition and volume, and the fact that the formula is the most budge-proof, long lasting one I've tried.

Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Neutral Fair

Diorskin Nude Compact Powder Foundation
I like this because it is light and velvety, and it sets makeup well. It also has more coverage than your regular loose powder, which is great when you have blemished skin - it provides more coverage on top of your concealer.

Diorskin Nude Tan Paradise Duo in Pink Glow
An absolutely lovely, very flattering powder blush and contour that was released with the Dior Summer 2013 Bird of Paradise collection. Full review and swatches here.

Kryolan High Gloss in Toffee

Dior Jelly Lip Pen in Gaia
Another product released with the Bird of Paradise collection by Dior. In my opinion, it absolutely shines when it is paired with a nude coloured gloss, like I did in this video. For swatches, and full face shots of the product with and without a nude gloss, see here.

Nail Colour: Dusty Rose, Vertrebra duo, NARS x Pierre Hardy
This nail colour is a beautiful mauve-pink. It was my first ever NARS nail polish, and I am utterly smitten! The colour comes out so beautifully creamy, and the finish is incredibly glossy even without the help of a top coat. It lasts forever without chipping, too. Application is a total dream, and I am thoroughly, thoroughly impressed all round with this nail polish. One of my absolute favourite formulas to date! NARS can be purchased at Sephora in Malaysia, or in Mecca Cosmetica and Mecca Maxima counters in Australia.

I was also lucky enough to receive a pair of glasses to film with for this video, thanks to the lovely Daniela from www.glassesonline.com.my. The website ships worldwide and has a decent selection of glasses, sunglasses, as well as contacts. The prices are reasonable, and they do have pretty great discounts from time to time.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe