Malaysia.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

It's hard not to get caught up in the political situation of Malaysia today. Quite a deviation from my usual posts, I know nothing and speak nothing of politics and the goings-on in Malaysia. But nowadays they're hard to miss.

I would've stayed in Malaysia. I would've made my life, and my home here, and I'd like to think that I would've been extremely, wholly, happy.

But now, with everything that is going on, people are urging me to run. People say there is no future here. The exact same message reverberates through emails and blogs and websites that I have been reading.

I love Malaysia. I love our people, our culture, our Manglish, our differences and our unity (government aside). I love the sights, the sounds, ok maybe not the smells. I would recommend Malaysia to any a traveller looking for some good Asian fun.

As much as I love it, I guess I do have to face reality. So as much as I hate to do it, off I go.

Of course, nothing is set in stone. Who's to say where I do or do not belong?

For now, though, away I go. I sure will miss Malaysian life.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe