My Favourite Cream Products and How I Apply Them

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Happy Thursday, guys! A reader requested this post about my favourite cream and liquid products and how to apply them, and I thought I'd share it with you guys today!


Here are some of my favourite cream/liquid products:

  1. Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate in Intensity One - the most amazing contour and highlight duo
  2. Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Emerville - long-lasting, glittery cream eyeshadow that's subtle enough for work
  3. Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer - a great concealer that lasts long and provides very good coverage
  4. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in #4 - a sheer, luminous, semi-matte foundation
  5. Illamasqua Cream Blush in Seduce - a deep berry pink blush that blends very well with both concealer and highlighter
  6. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in Cherub - a lightweight, pink blush
  7. Chanel Pro Lumiere Foundation - a high-coverage foundation that provides a semi-matte finish
  8. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Strut - the perfect cream eyeshadow for creating a smoky eye with intense colour
  9. Clinique Lid Smoothie in Cashew Later - a gorgeous beige eyeshadow with a silky-sheen finish, perfect for creating a daytime look
  10. Rimmel Colour Mousse Cream Eyeshadow in Chill Out - another gorgeous eyeshadow with a slightly metallic finish


Where application of cream/liquid products is concerned, I like to use synthetic brushes with densely packed bristles. I feel like the densely packed bristles afford me more control, and disperse the product more evenly compared to loosely packed bristles.
  1. Real Techniques Buffing Brush - the best brush I own for applying foundation. I hate when foundation just sits on top of my skin, and this helps buff it nicely into my skin.
  2. Royal & Langnickel S.I.L.K. Line of brushes - this brand makes such amazing brushes! I love this for applying cream eyeshadow to my lower lashline - it helps my powder eyeshadow stick to my bottom lashline and last longer
  3. Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush - this, I use on powder products for my crease. But I also use it for contouring with products like the Tom Ford contour cream. AMAZEballs.
  4. Sigma Stippling brush - this is a brush with loosely packed bristles. I don't normally use this, but when I want a very light, thin layer of product, usually on my cheekbones or cheeks, I use this.
  5. Sigma blending brush - this is a brilliant brush to use to blend out concealer underneath the eyes. I am a huge fan of blending out concealer with a fluffy brush - it buffs in the concealer well so that there's no 'cakey-ness' underneath the eye.
  6. Real Techniques Contour Brush - the best brush I own for face contouring. It affords me great control over where exactly the product goes, and allows me to spread the product well and evenly.
  7. Real Techniques Stippling Brush - this is very different from the Sigma stippling brush, because it is much more dense and stiff. I love this brush for foundation and applying highlighting cream.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe