Foundation Review Series: Diorsnow UV Shield BB Cream

Friday, February 22, 2013


Happy Friday, everyone! I will be editing a tutorial today to hopefully get it out by tomorrow, so stay tuned for that! In the meantime, I thought I'd push on with the Foundation Review Series, and today I am reviewing the much-raved-about Diorsnow UV Shield BB Creme.

Packaging
I'm not sold on the packaging with this one, because I feel it is a little awkward. It comes in both a squeeze tube and a pump dispenser, and whilst the pump dispenser works perfectly fine, it gets a little awkward when product has accumulated at the end of the tube, and you need to squeeze it into the front of the tube before you can pump it out, and if you squeeze too much, the pump ends up dispensing too much product, too.


Product
SPF50 - who doesn't love that in a product? The BB cream itself has a slightly thick consistency, as with almost all BB creams, and is very easy to blend into the skin. It comes out of the tube slightly dark, but seems to match my skin well after application. Here is a swatch:


Performance
I think this BB cream provides a beautiful, flawless finish. It has a strong, medium coverage, and makes your skin glow!

Applied with a full coverage Dior foundation brush

Applied with fingers

In the pictures the BB cream comes off as a little bit oily, but in reality the oil control is pretty decent - I only started feeling a little slick after 3-4 hours of wear. It also has very good lasting power, and stayed put on my skin for hours and hours without fading in the least.

My favourite thing about this BB cream is the fact that it inexplicably is able to give your skin this healthy, refreshed, awake look. I'm not sure how they do this, but for some reason, whenever I wear this BB cream, I feel like I have no need for blush, undereye concealer, or even eyeliner. My face just looks really, really fresh. I love the effect it has on my skin!

I would recommend this BB cream for anywhere from a dry to an oily/combination skin. It has good coverage so even if you are acne prone this is quite suitable.

I received my Diorsnow UV Shield BB Cream from mizspa.com, where it retails for $55 per 30mL tube.

You Might Also Like

14 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe