Product Review: Kérastase Cristalliste Range

Wednesday, February 20, 2013


If you love your hair, you know the brand Kérastase. There's no other way to put it. Kérastase is the brand everyone wants sitting in their shower, that's how good their haircare is.

I have always been a haircare nut. I have tried so many brands I can't even remember how many there have been, and I am so bad that I can't even finish a shampoo before I move on to another. It's not easy to impress me when it comes to haircare, and so far amongst all the products I've tried, only three have stood out. I'll mention them in another post or video, but suffice it to say that this new Kérastase range has become the fourth ever product range to truly impress me, hair-wise.

Kérastase shows their true understanding of market needs with the Cristalliste range - it is aimed at young women with oily roots and dry ends, who use a lot of heat styling, and whose lifestyles demand strong, healthy hair. The range is the first to utilise the liquid light technology, which corrects the hair fibre to create a smoother, more reflective texture.

Packaging
The packaging on this range is so beautiful - pinky bottles with metallic, hot pink print. The shampoo comes in a clear plastic bottle with a screw on cap, and the conditioner, a snap on cap with an opaque pink bottle. The most beautifully packaged product in this range is the hair serum, which comes in a clear glass bottle with a pink tint and a dispenser that dispenses the perfect amount of product. LOVE.

Product
Shampoos and conditioners are more or less similar across the board in terms of texture, so I won't go into detail here. The serum is lovely and light, and very easy to smooth onto the hair. It doesn't leave a sticky residue on your hands and doesn't weigh the hair down at all.

Performance
This is the part I've been dying to tell you all about! I fit the target demographic to a tee, with long hair, oily roots, and lots of heat-styling. Before I started using this range, I was still trying to correct my hair from when it was treated with a straightening formula a few months ago. I had dry, frizzy ends, and I was desperate to smooth them out.
I know this sounds unbelievable, but I experienced instant results with this shampoo. After just the first wash, the fall down from my hair decreased noticeably, and my hair was visibly stronger and smoother. I have used this range for three weeks now and my hair is getting better and better! Perhaps the most outstanding result of all is the condition of my ends after the three weeks - they are so much smoother than before! I used to drown my ends in serum to get rid of the frizziness, but now I barely have to use anything.
My hair also falls out less, which is an achievement only the Activance was able to provide before this.

All in all, this is a fantastic haircare range. I would pay the purchase prices three times over for the results I am getting, and that is no exaggeration! If you have hair like mine, I highly recommend this range. You will not regret it!

The Cristalliste range retails at the following prices:

Bain Cristal Fins Shampoo for Fine Hair AUD 38 (250mL)
Bain Cristal Epais Shampoo for Thick Hair AUD 38 (250mL)
Lait Cristal Conditioner AUD 44.50 (200mL)
Lumiere Liquide Serum AUD 44 (50mL)

These products were sent for the purposes of review and consideration in accordance with this site's Disclosure Policy.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe