Product Review: Maybelline NY Color Sensational High Shine Gloss

Tuesday, February 19, 2013


Hello everyone! I am back with more lip-smacking Maybelline NY swatches - today I'm swatching the Color Sensational High Shine Glosses.

Packaging
I have to admit, the packaging on these glosses is a little bit strange. No logo, no print on the tube, only a little sticker at the very bottom telling you the name and number of the gloss. I wasn't very impressed, especially since the silver caps started chipping and peeling even before being put in my makeup bag or drawers.
The doe-foot applicators, however, are perfect. They are small enough at the tips so that precise application is possible, which is very convenient, especially with the darker colours.

Product
The glosses are high-shine, and not at all sticky on the lips. I hate sticky lip glosses so this is a big plus for me. Some of the colours (10 and 20) have a little bit of glitter to them, which isn't a deal-breaker, but I tend to gravitate towards the creamier, solid colours.
They have a nice, large range of colours, and I found that almost every single colour complimented my skin tone.


Performance
I love the shine on these glosses, as well as the pigment. They have an average wear time (about 2-3 hours), so you will need to bring your lip gloss along with you for reapplication throughout the day.

They do look wonderful layered over a lipstick, and the darker colours really make your lips pop if you layer them over a similar-coloured lipstick, but they look perfect on their own as well for a more toned-down, everyday look. Check out the swatches above, as well as full-face shots below:


My absolute favourite colours are the 80, 110 and 120 - which happen to be the most pigmented colours in the range, along with 40 and 90.

All in all, I really highly recommend these glosses. They are amazingly pigmented, and therefore eliminate the need for a lipstick. I am all about low maintenance so these are perfect for me! They are available in stores now and retail for AUD 15.95 per tube.

These products were sent for the purposes of review and consideration in accordance with this site's Disclosure Policy.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe