Foundation Review Series: Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser

Monday, February 18, 2013

Hello everyone! How is your Monday going? I am having a pretty good day - I started off pretty early and got so much done, PLUS it was a really good mail day :)

I am back with a brand new product to review for my foundation review series - the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser.


Laura Mercier's Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser is no stranger in the beauty world. This product is one of the best-known tinted moisturisers in the market, and one of the best-performing as well. Because of their widespread popularity and increasing market demand, Laura Mercier have introduced three new shades to their current line to provide an even better colour match for skin tones.

I hope my review helps you decide if this product is suitable for you and your skin type!

Packaging
Nice and sturdy with a screw on cap, this no-nonsense packaging is perfect for anyone with an 'on-the-go' lifestyle, who needs a practical product to tote around with them.

Product
Tinted moisturisers are usually quite heavy, and tend to be quite sticky on the skin, but I found this tinted moisturiser to be light and easy to spread onto my skin. The liquid is of a medium thickness, as is common with all tinted moisturisers. It was quite a pleasant surprise applying this with my fingers, and having the product spread onto my skin easily and quickly.

I received the new colour 'Blush' to trial, and I am very pleased to report that it is a great match for my NW20-ish skin. Here it is swatched on my arm:


Performance
This product felt great on my skin! It didn't feel at all heavy or cakey, and it was very comfortable to wear, even on hot, humid days. The coverage is quite sheer, so you will need a concealer if you have less-than-perfect skin. If you have problematic, acne-prone skin and need more coverage, I suggest using a foundation instead.
I found that applying this with a foundation brush was best suited to my needs, as it provided a little bit more coverage and evened out my skin tone beautifully.

Applied with a full-coverage foundation brush

Applied with fingers

One thing that my fellow oily-skinned beauties should note about this tinted moisturiser is that it is not mattifying! Though it is oil-free and therefore quite suited to my oily/combination skin, you shouldn't expect it to control the oil on your face as well as, say, the MUFE Mat Velvet Plus foundation. After a long, hot day out, this foundation stayed put on my face and my skin did not feel oily and slick, however there was a slight stickiness to it. I tried setting it with a powder the next day to see how it would hold up, and it did a wonderful job at eliminating that stickiness and keeping my skin nice and fresh, and slightly dewy, throughout the day.

Overall I say this is an amazing product, especially if you already have good skin or you want something easy to apply. With the added SPF and decent coverage, it makes the perfect 'slap-on' base product for quick trips out shopping or to run errands. I would recommend this for normal to oily/combination skin types, but if you have very oily skin, then stick to your mattifying foundations.

The Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser retails at Laura Mercier counters throughout Australia for AUD 59 per 50mL tube.

These products were sent for the purposes of review and consideration in accordance with this site's Disclosure Policy.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe