Trial and Error Video: Anti-Acne Edition

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hi guys! as promised, I've uploaded the Acne Edition of my Trial & Error video. These are products I've personally trialled and tested for my own acne, and I wanted to share with you all how these products have performed on my skin.

I hope you guys enjoy the video!


Products mentioned:

Origins Pimple Gel - this is a small tiny bottle of potent acne-busting goodness! You can feel it working immediately upon application because it does sting the skin quite a bit, and dries up pimples overnight. The only downside to this product is that it can be a little harsh on the skin, and it has burned my sister's sensitive skin before. When she used this, it dried her pimples down, but left little darkened scars in their place.

Bioderma Sebium H20 -  this is a skin cleanser/makeup remover and is the sister product to the cult favourite Bioderma Crealine H20. It is formulated for oily skins and helps keep sebum in check to prevent acne. I find that this cleans my skin well, which is good for keeping acne at bay. For a full review, click here.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo - Another cult product, this serum is all the rave on YouTube and on beauty blogs worldwide. I moved away from my favourite Simplicité Antibacterial Serum to this because it was much cheaper, and because I'd heard so many good things about this (yes, this is the version that was made in France, which is supposedly better than the one made for the US). However I found that it didn't do much for my skin. It didn't reduce the appearance of my pores, nor did it reduce congestion. It didn't do much for my acne, either. This one was a miss for me.

Babor Pimple Gel - I am a big fan of Babor products (Babor is indeed from Germany, as I mentioned in my video), and regularly get Babor facials at my aunt's facial salon. This is a lightweight gel that comes in a slim tube, with a dispenser perfect for squeezing small amounts out at a time. This did calm my pimples down a little, but was nowhere near as effective as the other pimple gels in this post. If you have sensitive skin then you might want to try this out, because it is very gentle on the skin and won't dry it out.

Clearasil Daily Clear Wash and Scrub - I received this Clearasil skin care duo recently and have only just started to trial them, so at this point I can't tell if they help to clear acne, but they are a great facial wash and scrub to use if you have red, acne prone skin because they are hydrating, and they are so gentle on the skin. The range is still formulated for acne-prone skin, and aims to prevent breakouts, but is milder with a smaller amount if salicylic acid. It is also formulated with avocado and Vitamin E, which explains why it is so creamy - this is by far the creamiest facial wash I have ever tried! I find that the facial wash does clean well despite it being so creamy and gentle on the skin. My sister is already a big fan of the facial scrub and is going to be taking it back to Australia with her!

Simplicité Antibacterial Serum, Rosemary Blemish Gel, and Exfoliating Face Treatment - read more about these products in my Simplicité skincare series here.

That about sums up the products I've tried for my acne. For more information, check out my video! As always, if you have any questions about any of these products, feel free to get in touch! x 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe